The Becoming Effect is a home for ordinary women who want to make an extraordinary difference in the lives of young girls.
It is a place where mothers, grandmothers, aunts, mentors, and friends can actively play a role in guiding girls through the crazy years of adolescence in a gentle, natural, and safe manner, encouraging them to love and nurture their bodies, minds, and spirits.
If you’ve ever asked yourself questions like these, you’re in the right place.
- “In a world that celebrates the “so called perfect” body, how can I teach her that she is beautiful just the way she is?”
- “How do I inspire her to eat healthy when there is junk food everywhere we look?”
- “How do I ease the stress and anxiety that surrounds our busy lifestyles, and encourage her to relax, and remain calm in the middle of the chaos?”
- “The times that we live in can be scary and filled with dangers (like sexual predators, human trafficking, and abusive relationships). How can I keep her safe without promoting more fear?
- “How can I convince her to listen to me?”
- “How can I teach her the balance between being considerate of others, and making decisions that could be harmful… just to please her friends?”
- “How can I help her establish a solid identity, giving her the strength to say no to peer pressure, and the confidence to pursue her dreams?”
The rise in social media use, bullying, drama, mean girls, anxiety, depression, stress, chronic health problems, food allergies, poor self-image, suicide, substance abuse, premature sexual activity, human trafficking, and other risky behaviors can be pretty disturbing right?
It’s time for women to rise up and pass along the wisdom, knowledge, and lessons that we have learned to the next generation.
When we empower girls to take control of their own emotional, physical, social, and spiritual well-being, they will be able to realize their full potential and become the women that God meant for them to be.
I didn’t understand myself as a girl. I didn’t embrace my shape, I felt unattractive, I was different than my friends, I was embarrassed about my body, I shut down communication, and I tried to cover it all up with a false sense of confidence, and a moody attitude.
As I look back on those transitional years, I can see that I established patterns, put up walls, and laid the foundation for numerous problems that would hit me hard in the years to come.
Whether those problems were physical or emotional in nature, I can see now that many of them could have been prevented with a little bit extra tlc and a healthy dose of “if I knew then what I know now”.
Twenty(ish) years, a life changing health crisis, and many lessons later, prevention is my mission.
I have a Master’s Degree in Child, Youth, and Family Studies, and have recently earned a certification as a Certified Women’s Herbal Educator. I started this project to help women guide girls through adolescence in a pure, natural, and uplifting way. Inspiring them, empowering them, and challenging them to overcome barriers and make their coming of age more peaceful than it is stressful.
If you’re interested, this project centers on topics like:
- raising self-esteem
- wellness through a natural lifestyle
- building confidence
- establishing a strong identity.
Before I go, I want to invite you to join my email list community. By signing up (it’s free), you will get a copy of “Defined by God Alone – A Dozen Ways to Raise Self Esteem in Your Girls!”
You will also be the first to know about future products, resources, and projects in the works!
Just click the button below to sign up!
Legal Disclaimer *Please Read*
The Becoming Effect does not diagnose illness or prescribe medicinal protocols according to symptoms presented. Unless specifically stated, our contributors are not doctors and do not present themselves as such. Instead, our goal is to provide education and resources, leaving readers free to make their own informed and responsible decisions.